Course evaluations are read by many people at UofT, including instructors, chairs, deans, the provost and the president. They are used for a variety of purposes, including:
1. To help instructors design and deliver their courses in ways that impact their students’ learning
2. To make changes and improvements to individual courses and programs
3. To assess instructors for annual reviews
4. To assess instructors for tenure and promotion review
5. To provide students with summary information about other students’ learning experiences in UofT courses.
It is essential that students have a voice in these key decision-making processes and that’s why your course evaluation is so important at the University of Toronto.